To become a Member/Owner of SouthEastern Electric Cooperative, you:
- Must complete the Application for Membership form. If the membership is to be jointly held by a husband and wife, then both must sign the application in the presence of the public notary.
- May be required to pay a security deposit.
To receive electric service to a location that is not currently receiving service, you:
- Must fill out an engineering questionaire (below) for a new service location or existing service upgrade
- Must complete the Application for Membership form. If the membership is to be jointly held by a husband and wife, then both must sign the application.
- Must provide a right-of-way easement for the installation of the power lines to serve your account.
- Must clear any trees and/or brush as specified by Cooperative personnel.
- Must install your electrical service entrance to SouthEastern specifications and wire your home to comply with all local and national wiring safety codes.
- May be required to pay a Contribution-In-Aid of Construction or a Construction deposit.
If you questions about becoming a member please call us at 1-800-833-2611 and a customer service representative will assist you.
Attached below are the applications for individuals and for business for your convience. Please download, print and complete the document for the type of membership you wish to attain. Please remember that the signing of the document must be witnessed by a notary from SouthEastern Illinois Electric or another public notary.