SEIEC CFO position
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
SouthEastern Illinois Electric Cooperative, Inc (SEIEC). is a member-owned, not-for-profit, electric
distribution Cooperative headquartered in Carrier Mills, Illinois. SEIEC provides service to 10 counties
in southeastern Illinois serving over 24,000 accounts.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Due to a retirement, SEIEC has an immediate opening for Chief Financial Officer. The Chief Financial
Officer (CFO) reports directly to the President and Chief Executive Officer and is a key member of the
Senior Management Team. The position is accountable for overseeing a staff of 3 professionals
responsible for the accounting and financial functions of the organization, including maintaining the
books of account, financial statement and report preparation, accounts receivable, accounts payable,
cash management, tax, debt, regulatory accounting, plant/construction, payroll, budgeting and
financial forecasting. Ensures the timely completion of required internal and external reporting
requirements. Direct reports to the CFO include: Accounting, Payroll and Work Order Engineer.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This is a high visibility role that will entail monthly presentations to the Board of Trustees.
- Formulate the annual operating budget by consolidating all departmental operating and capital budgets. Maintain budget, monitor for discrepancies and provide feedback on results
- Conduct studies and research, develop plans and reports to the CEO in areas such as load forecast, future power requirements and financial forecasts consistent with the Cooperative’s strategic goals.
- Support Executive Staff and Board of Trustees by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends.
- Develop cash requirements and debt portfolio strategy consistent with the risk tolerance set by the Board of Trustees, ensuring adequate short-term cash and maximize investment of available excess cash.
- Support the Cooperative’s audit firm, as required by auditor’s engagement letter.
- Ensures calculation of and compliance with various reporting and compliance matters
- Responsible for oversight of the Company’s various local, state and federal tax reporting and compliance, including preparation of income tax returns, property tax returns, sales and use tax returns, etc.
- Manage all functions of the Accounting and Finance department.
- Performs vendor and customer credit evaluations.
- Supervises preparation of the Company’s GAAP financial statement and coordinates the annual financial statement audit.
- Responsible for the accounting internal control environment and identifying opportunities for process improvement.
- Engages outside professionals within the scope of responsibilities, including depreciation studies and cost of service studies.
- Assists the Company in evaluating transactions from a financial perspective, providing support to the decision-making process.
- Maintains appropriate accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintains strong relationships with creditors
- Minimum 5 years (extensive) diverse, progressive and relevant experience is required
- Electric utility background and experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or similar related field required
- CPA license, CMA license and/or Master’s degree is preferred
- Strong understanding of GAAP and FASB accounting principles
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to present information to all levels in the organization
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary Range: $120,000-$145,000
SEIEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SEIEC provides a comprehensive benefits package through
the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) and a salary structure commensurate
with qualifications and representative of the market.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter, resume and at least 3 professional references
or letters of recommendation to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should address your skills
and qualifications for success in this role. Resumes will be received until April 14, 2023.